General Manager Position
Sunrise Park Resort is a premier recreation destination, offering the most ski runs and acreage in Arizona. In winter, we offer skiing, snowboarding, ski bikes, and have lessons available for all ages. In the summer, enjoy zip-lining, downhill mountain biking, archery, disc golf, and more. We also provide food and beverage services to our guests. As a tribally owned and operated entity of the White Mountain Apache Tribe, Sunrise prides itself on providing excellent service while maintaining cultural values.
The General Manager is responsible for administering and managing all resort operations, promoting fiscally responsible practices, enhancing quality standards and guest engagement, and successfully leading employees. This is a full-time, on-site, year-round position. Night and weekend availability will be necessary especially during winter and summer seasons. Salary will be determined based on experience. Sunrise has a generous benefits program, including health insurance and paid time off. More information will be provided to qualified candidates. Preference will be applied based on the White Mountain Apache Tribe’s policies and procedures.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Position closes on May 3, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed and interviews may be scheduled on a rolling basis before the closing date.
- Direct and coordinate all resort operations to meet the daily needs of the resort, includingstaffing, budgeting, forecasting, marketing, controlling, and supervision.
- Develop and maintain the highest standards of quality and service in winter and summer outdoor recreation, food &beverage, andfacilities.
- Protect financial assets and achieve or exceed financial objectives.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety, security, and care for guests and employees by implementing proper controls and procedures.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all applicable departments and business areas.
- Performmanagerial duties, such as maintaining budgets, hiring, coaching, and mentoring employees, and conducting necessary trainings and meetings.
- Prepare necessary reports and serve as lead contact for the Board of the Directors and Tribal Council.
- Follow and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Maintaina high level of professionalism, demeanor, ethics.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience required. MBA or similar preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in resort management, marketing, or operations management.
- Exceptional leadership skills in guest service, employee relations, and recreational operations.
- Be fiscally responsible, highly self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, and be able to guide and direct diverse work teams.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
- Occasionally lift at least 50 lbs.
- Stand and/or walk for several hours at a time and easily move throughout the property in both winter and summer.
- Bend and twist without assistance.
- Hike on uneven terrain, operate and ride ski lifts, and operate ATV or UTV.
- Proficient with automated Point of Sale (POS) system and MS Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Must be able to work outside in winter or summer conditions (snow, rain, wind, heat).
An exciting opportunity is here! You could be a part of the influence! Join Sunrise’s team and you not only join a group of fun enthusiastic team members but you also get to meet people from throughout the country and help create fond memories! Sunrise Park Resort is currently seeking key management positions:
If you are interested in joining our wonderful team, please download the application below and email it, along with a letter of interest and your resume, to email@example.com.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Sunrise Human Resources at 855-735-SNOW (7669) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you join our team!